RUMOUR HAS IT hosts a hip yet professional online community designed to facilitate communication and connection between individuals and companies involved in the entertainment industry. Rumour Has It Entertainment seeks to provide a useful platform for those who work in industries that require self-promotion to showcase their unique talent.
In order to provide these service, we require all members to enter into this Agreement which sets out our relationship with the members who use the Website and others who interact with them and the Website.
By using or accessing the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. By registering or using an account you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the terms of this Agreement, and are entering into a legally binding agreement on your own behalf, and if doing so on behalf of a company, also on the companies behalf, and you represent and warrant that you have authority to do so.
1. By "content" we mean the content and information you post on the Website, including information about you and the actions you take.
2. By "Platform" we mean a set of programs, computer tools, concepts and services that enable applications, developers, operators or services to retrieve data from the Website and provide data to us relating to users of the Website.
3. By "post" we mean post or display on the Website or otherwise make available to us.
4. By "Website" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.RUMOUR HAS IT .com OR www. RUMOURHASIT.ca and any other RUMOUR HAS IT ENTERTAINMENT branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; and (c) other media, concepts, devices or networks now existing or later developed.
5. By "us," "we" and "our" we mean RUMOUR HAS IT ENTERTAINMENT and/or its affiliates.
6. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You are responsible for all content that you post. You will not post content or take any action on this Website that infringes someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We reserve the right to remove any content you post on this Website or disable your user account at any time if we believe that a violation of this Agreement has occurred.
3. You will not infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
4. You will not use any of our property, including without limitation:
i. The Rumour Is Out! or Rumour Has It or RHI slogans;
ii. Website audio drops and/or audio mixes; or
iii. Website color scheme, logos, design, concept and theme
without our written permission.
5. You will not post any confidential information on the website, including personal identification documents or sensitive financial information.
Registration and Account Security
1. You must provide us with your legal name, current address and e-mail address, and you agree to l keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
2. You will not provide any false information to us or to other users.
3. You will not create an account representing any person other than yourself, whether living or dead, unless that person has given you specific consent to create an account for that person, and you notify us of that consent at the time of registration.
4. You will not use this Website if you are under 19. You will not permit anyone under the age of 19 to access this Website or your account. If you are under the age of 19, and you use this Website, we are not responsible for your involvement.
5. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
6. You will not transfer your account and or allow access to your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
1. We cannot guarantee safety, however we strive for your safety.
2. You will not collect users' information, or otherwise access this Website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
3. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
4. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
5. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
6. You will not post content that is defamatory, hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
7. You will not develop or operate a third party application containing, or advertise or otherwise market, alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
8. You will not use this Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
9. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Agreement.
10. You will not take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
11. Users under the age of 19 years are not permitted to use this Website. We are not responsible for any underage profiles where users have provided us with incorrect information.
1. You will make all the payments you agree to make, also, there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices. All payments to us will be made by you through PayPal. We are not responsible for errors, loss, or issues that arise as a result of the use of PayPal to make your payment, nor for any fees PayPal may charge.
2. You are responsible for reviewing your payment to make sure it is accurate.
3. You are responsible for reading the payment rules and policies of PayPal, as there are rules and policies not noted here that are important. If you do not read PayPal's Policies, we are not responsible for any issues or losses which may result.
4. We will proceed with your purchase only after we are satisfied that we have received your payment. This may take up to 48 hours.
5. By confirming a transaction with us on this Website, you agree to pay for that transaction.
6. All transaction totals may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs. You are responsible for paying all taxes, fees and shipping costs associated with any purchase you make.
7. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. We will not give any refunds except to the minimum extent that may be required by law.
8. You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods, terms and fees from PayPal). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction. In the event of any conflict between such additional terms and this Agreement, the additional terms will prevail.
9. Even though we use terms like "purchase," "buy," "sell," and "order" to talk about transactions related to content for sale on this Website, we don't transfer an ownership interest in those items, instead they are licensed to you, not sold. [If you are licensing and not selling you need to spell out the terms of the license, or say that license terms will apply and they agree to abide by those terms, and have the specific license come up with each item.]
10. Some countries may restrict or prohibit your ability to make payments through this Website. Nothing in this Agreement overrides or circumvents any such foreign laws.
Special Provisions Applicable to Share Links
If you include our Share Link button on your website, the following additional terms apply to you:
1. We give you permission to use the Website's Share Link button so that users can post links or content from your website on this Website.
2. You give us permission to use such links and content on this Website.
3. You will not place a Share Link button on any page containing content that would violate this Agreement if posted on this Website.
1. We may cancel or delay any transaction if we believe the transaction violates this Agreement, or if we believe canceling or delaying the transaction may prevent financial loss.
2. We may contact your payment source issuer, law enforcement, or impacted third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
3. If you make a purchase, and your payment method fails, or your account is past due, then we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including our actual legal costs. Interest will accrue on any past due amounts at the rate of 28% per year before and after judgment.
4. We may limit your use or access to the Website, including the ability to contact other users of the Website, to post material, and to access material that has been posted by you or others.
About Advertisements on this Website
1. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as advertisements, and that our providing an advertisement to you does not constitute an endorsement of the advertisement or an offer to you on our behalf.
Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
1. If you place an advertisement on someone elseís behalf, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to place the advertisement and to bind the advertiser to this Agreement. If the advertiser violates this Agreement, you agree that we may hold you or the advertiser responsible for that violation.
2. When you place an order for advertising, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, and the amount of advertising you would like to purchase. If we accept your order, we will deliver your advertisement as inventory becomes available.
3. Your advertisement will start after:
i. we accept your order; and
ii. we obtain confirmation of receipt of your payment through PayPal.
Your advertisement will expire 30 days thereafter.
4. We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your advertisement.
5. We do not guarantee the activity that your advertisement will receive, such as the exposure or hits you will generate.
6. We cannot control how people interact with your advertisement, and are not responsible for click fraud or other improper actions that affect the cost of an advertisement.
7. You will not offer any contest, sweepstakes or other type of promotion ("promotion") without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion.
8. All orders for advertising are final, and you are responsible for reviewing and verifying any order prior to submitting it to us.
9. You can cancel your order at any time through our online portal, but it may take us several days before the advertisement stops running.
10. Our license to run your advertisement will end 30 days after we have accepted your order and received confirmation of your payment. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your advertisement, your advertisement may remain until the users delete it.
11. We can use your advertisement and related information for our own marketing or promotional purposes.
12. You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with us without our written permission.
13. We may reject or remove any advertisement, at any time, without the purchaserís consent, without notice to the purchaser, and without reimbursing the purchaser if a purchaser breaches this Agreement, or if an advertisement fails to comply with any of our advertising guidelines which may be in effect from time to time.
1. We can change this Agreement at any time, without prior notice, and your continued access or use of this Website signifies your acceptance of the updated or modified Agreement. We will post the revised agreement on this Website and will try to provide you notice through this Website. You are responsible for returning to this page periodically to review the most current version of the Agreement.
1. If, in our discretion, we determine that you have violated this Agreement or that you have created legal risk for us, we can stop providing:
i. all or part of this Website to you; and
ii. goods and/or services to you;
and you are not entitled to any refund of any money you have paid to us. We will try to notify you, but have no obligation to do so.
2. You may disable your account.
1. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY US AND ANY OF OUR EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DEMANDS, RECOVERIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, FINES, PENALTIES OR OTHER COSTS OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE LEGAL AND ACCOUNTING FEES, BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES AS A RESULT OF:
Indemnity and Dispute Resolution
i. YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT;
ii. YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY LAW OR THE RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; OR
iii. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
2. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Agreement or this Website in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. The laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada will govern this Agreement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
1. You represent and warrant that you:
i. own all of the content you post; or
ii. have authority to post all of the content you post.
2. You acknowledge that the content you post will be made publicly available to other users of the Website, and at our discretion, third parties.
3. Content is generally not reviewed before being posted. You acknowledge that content other parties may post may be offensive or otherwise harmful, and that you access that content at your own risk, and you agree that we will not be responsible for any harm caused by the content or your reliance on the content. You agree to report to us any content on the Website that you believe to be of a criminal or quasi-criminal nature.
4. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, such as photos, videos and comments, ("IP content"), you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on otherwise provide in connection with this Website, and you irrevocably waive any claim based on your moral rights to the work against us with regard to the IP content.
Privacy and Personal Information
This section includes provisions relating to: information we receive, information we share, information we share with third parties, how we protect your information, and how we use and share your information.
1. We may send you notifications about events, contests, prizes, promotions, service-related information or any message announcement, from time to time. For example, we may notify you about an event that we are hosting, a contest we are holding, a prize a user has won, new Website content updates or uploads, service to the site, updates on your rumours profile page, message board, inbox, or if a friend sends you a new message, writes on your rumours profile page, comments or rates you etc.
i. This notification may at our option be through email and you consent to receipt of same.
2. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about this Website, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
3. This Website is about promoting, networking, socializing, marketing, self-promoting, self-marketing, and sharing information with friends and people in your networks. We are not responsible for how you share your information with other users and/or third parties.
4. Your personal profile information which you submit to us will be available to users of this Website who belong to the network(s) you allow to access the information. This information will also be available to us.
The Information We Collect
5. When you visit this Website you provide us with two types of information which we collect:
i. personal information you knowingly choose to disclose to the network(s) of your choice; and
ii. website use information collected by us as you interact with this Website.
Use of Information Obtained by Us
6. We may collect, use and disclose your information to network with, promote and market you, other users, us and this Website. We may share your information with third parties so that these parties may tell you directly about their products and services. You also agree that we may provide you with information from third parties we select. Your consent to this is not a condition of doing business with us and you may withdraw or limit your consent at any time by adjusting your profile privacy settings. Depending on the circumstances, however, withdrawal of your consent may impact our ability to provide you or continue to provide you with some services or information that may be of value to you. If you wish to request further information about the collection of personal information, you may do so at any time by contacting us at the following [ INSERT URL HERE (I will provide the url)- * Provide a physical address as well*]
e-mail address: email@example.com.
7. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of external sites.
Third Party Advertising
Limitation of Liability
1. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THIS WEBSITE, OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, OR FOR ITS CONTENTS, OR FOR ANY FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE, OR THE PURCHASE OR LICENSING OR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY ACTIVITY OR PROMOTION CONNECTED WITH THIS WEBSITE.
2. WE MAKE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THE ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION WE POST ON THIS WEBSITE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED DUE TO INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE.
3. WE DO NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ACTIVITIES OR PROMOTIONS CONNECTED WITH THIS WEBSITE. WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OF THE CONTENT OR VIEWS POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE.
4. THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR ERRORS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFORMATION RELATING TO AUDITIONS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF, AND DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OTHER INACCURACIES RELATING TO THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSABILITY FOR VERIFYING ALL INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE.
5. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY INVOLVEMENT IN ANY EVENT CONNECTED WITH THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY AUDITION OR PROMOTION. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN CONNECTION WITH SUBMISSION OF ANY MATERIAL FOR AUDITION OR CASTING PURPOSES.
6. RATINGS POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE INTENDED AS ONLY GENERAL GUIDELINES, AND WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF THE RATINGS.
7. THIS WEBSITE, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT, AND THE ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND PROMOTIONS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. WE TRY TO KEEP THIS WEBSITE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF THIS WEBSITE FROM RISKS WHICH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, RISKS FROM HACKERS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
9. THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, OTHER USERS OR SUPPLIERS OF GOODS OR SERVICES DISPLAYED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND NOT AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, JOINT VENTURERS, OR PARTNERS OF OURS. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY THIRD PARTIES OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING THEREFROM.
10. The limitations of liability provided in this Agreement ensure to the benefit of the affiliates and successors.
1. Either you or us can end this agreement at any time. All licenses, payment obligations, and the dispute provisions will remain enforceable.
1. This Agreement makes up the entire agreement between us and you. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreements.
2. Your use of this Website, and any disputes arising from it, are subject to this Agreement.
3. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remaining provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
4. The headings of sections in this Agreement are for convenience of reference only and do not affect the meaning and interpretation of this Agreement.
5. If we fail to enforce any of this Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver.
6. Our performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws, and nothing contained in this Agreement limits our right to comply with any governing authority relating to your use of this Website or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use.
Date of last revision: June 15, 2015
Date of last revision: June 15, 2015